Thai Duck Burger
Burgers are one of the most beloved foods here in the South. Whether you're grilling them on July 4th, or frying them on the stove for a simple dinner, it's hard to go wrong with burgers. If you're looking for a great way to shake things up and try a something new with your burgers, our friends at Edible Nashville have given us a great recipe to accomplish just that. Combining our very own Tennessee Grass Fed ground duck with the fresh flavors of Thailand, the Thai duck burger will leave you wondering where it's been all your life.
The Thai duck burger is a relatively simple meal that can be easily scaled to accommodate the appropriate amount of guests. As Edible Nashville puts it, these burgers are perfect "for an inspired burger that makes great use of your fresh summer herbs."
- 1 lb. Tennessee Grass Fed ground duck
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. each -- fresh Thai basil, cilantro and mint, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- Salt and pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix gently. Shape into 4 patties and cook in a heavy skillet (such as cast iron) until done. Serve with lime wedges and Thai basil leaves. Makes 4 burgers.