- 1/3 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 2 fat garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in pork chops (from Tennessee Grass Fed Farm)
- fresh Thai basil
1. Combine all ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag or shallow dish. Add pork chops and press to immerse chops in marinade. Chill for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
2. Remove chops from bag, reserving marinade. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add chops and brown on both sides. Add marinade and cook until thick and syrupy and coating chops. Serve with thai basil.