AFTER WORK BEEF POT ROAST DINNER
- Total Recipe Time: LOW 6 to 8 hours
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- Press dressing mix evenly onto all surfaces of beef pot roast. Place onions and garlic in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; top with pot roast. Add bell peppers and broth. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours. Add zucchini. Continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until pot roast is fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast and vegetables. Strain cooking liquid; skim fat. Combine 2 cups cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
- Carve pot roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
- 1 beef Shoulder Roast boneless or Rump Roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds). Find our beef shoulder roast here or our bottom round rump roast here.
- 1 envelope (0.7 ounces) Italian dressing mix
- 2 large onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com