CHILLY DAY BEEF CHILI
- Total Recipe Time: LOW 6 to 8 hours
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- Combine all ingredients except salsa and toppings in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; mix well. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Just before serving, stir in salsa; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toppings, as desired.
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck or round, cut into 1/2-inch pieces Our boneless chuck roast is perfect for this recipe. Get it here.
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili-style tomato sauce with diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com