IRISH INSPIRED BEEF POT ROAST AND VEGETABLES
- Total Recipe Time: LOW 6 to 8 hours
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- Prepare pot roast vegetables: cut potatoes in half (or into quarters if large), onions into 1/2-inch wedges, and carrots and celery into 2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Combine gravy mixes, flour, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add vegetables to bowl; toss to coat well. Remove vegetables from flour mixture and place in 5 to 6-quart slow cooker. Add beef pot roast to bowl, turning to coat evenly with flour mixture. Remove pot roast and place in slow cooker in center of vegetables.
- Whisk beer into remaining flour mixture until smooth; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until beef and vegetables are fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Remove pot roast and vegetables. Skim fat from gravy. Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with vegetables and gravy. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- 1 beef Rump Roast or Bottom Round Roast (3 to 3-1/4 pounds). Find our Bottom Round Rump Roast here or our Round Roast here.
- 2 packages (24 ounces each) fresh pot roast vegetables (potatoes, onions, carrots, celery)
- 2 packages (.75 to .88 ounces each) mushroom or brown gravy mix
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beer
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com