ITALIAN BEEF AND BEAN STEW
- Total Recipe Time: LOW 5 to 6 hours
- Makes 6 servings
- Cover beans with water in large bowl. Cover and soak overnight in refrigerator. Reserve seasoning packet.
- Drain beans; rinse and pick over to remove any grit or shriveled and broken beans. Place beans, beef, broth, water and contents of seasoning packet in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or until beans are tender and beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Stir in pesto; mix well. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve topped with additional pesto, if desired.
- 2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1-inch pieces. Find our wonderful STEW MEAT HERE.
- 1 package (12 to 14 ounces) dried bean soup mix with seasoning packet
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto sauce or spread
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com