LAZY DAY BEEF & VEGETABLE SOUP
- Total Recipe Time: LOW 6 to 8 hours
- Makes 6 to 8 servings
- Combine beef, broth, chickpeas, tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; toss to coat well. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Stir in mixed vegetables and pasta. Continue cooking, covered, 1 hour or until beef and pasta are tender. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Stir well before serving. Serve with cheese, if desired.
- 2-1/2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 3/4-inch pieces. Find our tender stew beef here.
- 2 cans (14 to 14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini or other small pasta
- Shredded Romano cheese (optional)
Nutrition information per serving: 453 calories; 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 143 mg cholesterol; 763 mg sodium; 33 g carbohydrate; 5.9 g fiber; 55 g protein; 6.9 mg niacin; 1.1 mg vitamin B6; 3.9 mcg vitamin B12; 5.8 mg iron; 50.5 mcg selenium; 12.5 mg zinc; 168.6 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.
Nutrition information per serving: 340 calories; 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 107 mg cholesterol; 573 mg sodium; 25 g carbohydrate; 4.4 g fiber; 41 g protein; 5.2 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg vitamin B12; 4.4 mg iron; 37.9 mcg selenium; 9.4 mg zinc; 126.4 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber.
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com