SOUTHWEST BEEF WRAPS
- Total Recipe Time: LOW 6 to 8 hours
- Makes 8 servings
- Cut beef roast into 4 even pieces. Place onion and garlic in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; top with beef. Add water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Remove beef; cool slightly. Strain cooking liquid; skim fat. Shred beef with 2 forks. Place beef in 2-quart microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine relish ingredients in medium bowl; stir in 1/4 cup salsa.
- Add remaining salsa to beef; mix well. Cover and microwave on HIGH 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Top each tortilla with 3/4 cup beef mixture, leaving 1-1/2-inch border around edge. Top beef with about 1/4 cup relish. Fold right and left sides of tortillas over filling; fold bottom edge over and roll up. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- 1 beef Shoulder Roast Boneless or Bottom Round Rump Roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds). Get our tender Beef Shoulder Roast here, or if you prefer, find our Bottom Round Rump Roast here.
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) prepared chunky salsa with cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (10-inch diameter), warmed
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com