SWEET ONION & PEPPER BEEF SANDWICHES WITH AU JUS
- Total Recipe Time: LOW 6 to 8 hours
- Makes 8 to 10 servings
- Place onions in 5-1/2 quart slow cooker; top with beef, then pepper slices. Combine beef broth, tomato paste, soy sauce and garlic; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Skim fat from cooking liquid, if necessary.
- Serve beef and vegetables in rolls with toppings, as desired. Serve au jus for dipping, if desired.
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1 to 1-1/2 inch pieces. Buy our delicious Stew Beef here.
- 2 medium sweet onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup no salt added tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 to 10 French bread rolls, split, warmed
- Reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, pepperoncini, pepper rings, assorted olives
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com