WILD MUSHROOM BEEF STEW
- Total Recipe Time: LOW 5-7 hours
- Makes 6 servings
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme in small bowl. Place beef in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with flour mixture; toss to coat.
- Combine broth, tomato paste, wine and garlic in small bowl; mix well. Add to beef. Add potatoes, mushrooms and carrots; mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 7 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Stir well before serving. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- 2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1-inch pieces. You can find our tender, flavorful Stew Beef here.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 3/4 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes (1-1/2-inch diameter), cut into quarters
- 8 ounces assorted mushrooms, such as shiitake, cremini and oyster, cut into quarters
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Fresh parsley (optional)
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR SLOW-COOKED BEEF AND MUSHROOM BRACIOLE
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com