- 3 lbs. Tennessee Grass Fed boneless chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili-style tomato sauce with diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- Combine all ingredients except salsa and toppings in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker; mix well. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Just before serving, stir in salsa; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toppings, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 404 calories; 12 g fat; 91 mg cholesterol; 710 mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrate; 42 g protein; 6.0 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.8 mcg vitamin B12; 6.2 mg iron; 8.7 mg zinc.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron and zinc.
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com