- Total Recipe Time: LOW 5 to 6 hours
- Makes 6 servings
- Cover beans with water in large bowl. Cover and soak overnight in refrigerator. Reserve seasoning packet.
- Drain beans; rinse and pick over to remove any grit or shriveled and broken beans. Place beans, beef, broth, water and contents of seasoning packet in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or until beans are tender and beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Stir in pesto; mix well. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve topped with additional pesto, if desired.
- 2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1-inch pieces (click here to buy some now!)
- 1 package (12 to 14 ounces) dried bean soup mix with seasoning packet
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto sauce or spread
Nutrition information per serving: 427 calories; 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 112 mg cholesterol; 568 mg sodium; 33 g carbohydrate; 3.6 g fiber; 50 g protein; 5.2 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 3.2 mcg vitamin B12; 7.1 mg iron; 39.7 mcg selenium; 9.4 mg zinc; 118.5 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, iron, zinc, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and choline; and a good source of fiber.
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com