- Total Recipe Time: LOW 4 to 6 hours
- Makes 6-8 servings
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SLOW-COOKED BEEF AND MUSHROOM BRACIOLE
- Combine mushrooms, onion, cheese and bacon in medium bowl; set aside.
- Cover beef steak with plastic wrap; pound until steak is 1/4 inch thick.
- Season steak on both sides with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Arrange mushroom mixture evenly over steak, leaving 1-inch border on all sides. Starting on long side, roll up steak to enclose mushroom mixture. Secure roll with kitchen twine.
- Place tomatoes in slow cooker; stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and Italian seasoning. Add beef roll to sauce, turning one to coat. Cooked, covered, on HIGH 4 hours or on LOW 6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Cut braciola diagonally into 1/2″ thick slices. Serve over pasta or polenta topped with sauce.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- For a larger flank steak, cut it in half horizontally. Pound the two halves, top evenly with mushroom mixture and roll up each to make two smaller, more manageable rolls.
- 1 beef Flank Steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds) Get our wonderful grass fed flank steak here
- 1 cup finely diced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 slices bacon or prosciutto, chopped (about 1 ounce)
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- Hot cooked pasta or polenta
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION FOR SLOW-COOKED BEEF AND MUSHROOM BRACIOLE
Nutritional information per serving: 253 calories; 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 75 mg cholesterol; 760 mg sodium; 12 g carbohydrate; 3.0 g fiber; 30 g protein; 9.2 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg vitamin B12; 3.4 mg iron; 31.9 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc; 114.6 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber and iron.
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com