- Total Recipe Time: LOW 6 to 8 hours
- Makes 8 to 10 servings
- Place onions in 5-1/2 quart slow cooker; top with beef, then pepper slices. Combine beef broth, tomato paste, soy sauce and garlic; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Skim fat from cooking liquid, if necessary.
- Serve beef and vegetables in rolls with toppings, as desired. Serve au jus for dipping, if desired.
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1 to 1-1/2 inch pieces. Buy our delicious Stew Beef here.
- 2 medium sweet onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1-inch wide strips
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup no salt added tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 to 10 French bread rolls, split, warmed
- Reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, pepperoncini, pepper rings, assorted olives
Nutrition information per serving, 1/8 of recipe: 403 calories; 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 100 mg cholesterol; 730 mg sodium; 33 g carbohydrate; 3.2 g fiber; 41 g protein; 7.5 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 3.0 mcg vitamin B12; 5.6 mg iron; 26.3 mcg selenium; 8.2 mg zinc; 147.7 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber.Nutrition information per serving, 1/10 of recipe: 343 calories; 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 80 mg cholesterol; 628 mg sodium; 30 g carbohydrate; 2.7 g fiber; 34 g protein; 6.3 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.7 mg iron; 21.0 mcg selenium; 6.5 mg zinc; 118.2 mg choline.This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber.
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com