BLT with Fresh Mozzarella and Skhug
James Beard, dubbed the "Dean of American Cookery" by the New York Times in 1954, was a pioneer in the American food industry. Beard had many great things to say regarding all things in the culinary arts, with one of his most simple ones being the following:
"Too few people understand a really good sandwich."James Beard
Today, we're sharing the recipe of what we wholeheartedly believe James Beard would classify as a "really good sandwich."
The BLT with Fresh Mozzarella and Skhug adds a whole new experience to a timeless sandwich. Perfect for work, traveling, or a pleasant lunch at home, it's hard to compete with the flavor and convenience this sandwich brings you.
- 4 oz. Tennessee Grass Fed hickory smoked bacon
- 4 slices of bread
- Iceberg or Romaine lettuce
- 2 large in-season tomatoes, sliced
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup Skhug or pesto
1. Fry bacon. Place mayonnaisse, lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and skhug on 4 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices. Cut in half. Makes 4 sandwiches.
This recipe comes from our friends at Edible Nashville. For more recipes and videos go to ediblenashville.com.