- 2-1/2 lbs. Tennessee Grass Fed boneless chuck roast
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes (cubes)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Cut beef roast into 12 equal pieces. Place in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Add onions, tomatoes, potatoes, broth, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Stir in broccoli slaw; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until broccoli slaw is crisp-tender. Turn off slow cooker. Stir in peas; let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving: 314 calories; 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 111 mg cholesterol; 590 mg sodium; 19 g carbohydrate; 5.4 g fiber; 40 g protein; 5.9 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 3.9 mcg vitamin B12; 5.7 mg iron; 44.2 mcg selenium; 10.9 mg zinc; 107.8 mg choline. This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.
Recipe/photo/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com